RE: OddBall as a market timing tool

Wes:

You said (sorry about the snips):

"but do this: Run an RSI against it and use that as your indicator rather
than the TIKI per se (you won't read that in the books).... "

so I ran an RSI of the ticki and tested it (it sucked):

>{S&P data1, TICKI data2}
>
>Inputs: RL(14);
>If rsi(Close Data2, RL) > rsi(Close[1] Data2, RL)  Then Buy;
>If rsi(Close Data2, RL) < rsi(Close[1] Data2, RL)  Then Sell;

so, you said: "were you using 1-minute bars on the TIKI or something else?
Program trading only lasts for a short while....."

So I ran it on a 1 minute chart (it traded WAY too much (2100+
signals in 11 days)). I'm sure you can filter that, but why bother?
200 changes in trend per day...it'd drive you crazy.

Just so there is no confusion about what *I'm* saying: my work shows the
Ticki, and the RSI of the Ticki (1 minute or otherwise), are NOT(!) good for
your trading health. If you have proof to the contrary please post it.

Over and out,

BW