My letter to eSignal

Regarding my earlier post about my letter to eSignal, I apologize if I got
anyone's hopes waaaay up there.  I haven't found the Holy Grail - yet.
Several months ago, being tired of getting hammered by eSignal again and
again I switched to Tradestation 6 - or is that Tradestation Pro - whatever
they call it today.  Anyway, it's costing me $160 per month LESS than I was
paying eSignal and I really haven't had data problems since - at least none
that weren't solved by clearing the caches.  90% of my trading is wrapped up
in S&Ps and e-minis although I do find myself spending more time with
stocks.  I like having real-time stock data on hand and not having to mess
with the global server and leaving a machine on all the time and having it
collect data for two months before I could get any good out of my charts and
indicators.

Anyway, I'm not a commercial for Tradestation.  In 1993 I bought my first
version and a couple of months later I bought another copy to keep on a
different machine.  I've had every version and upgrade since then and I've
lived through all of the Omega promises and problems.  All I can say is that
TS6 is working fine for me.  I run it on two multi-monitored PCs and a
laptop (all with XP) and I have no crashes.  I could save the $100 per
month, but I still prefer to use my old broker for trade execution - based
on past performance I'm just not quite ready to put that kind of faith in
TS.  Maybe later after they have proven themselves a little longer.

For what it's worth, I have sent the same kind of letters to Omega that
eSignal received from me in the past regarding "you'd better get your act
together before someone else comes along and blows you guys out of the
water".  I've checked out the competition to TS, I just haven't found any of
them worth switching to - yet - but I'm always looking.

Another for what it's worth - I remember that one of the principal owners of
the original BMI was a trader from back East somewhere.  How about one you
REALLY successful guys stepping up and building something we'll all want to
subscribe to?  I bet there are a lot of ex-BMI employees that would love to
work for a well-run company out to put eSignal out of business.

Thanks - and again, I apologize if I've just dashed anyone's hopes.

Matt Proudfit
Ogden Utah