question on q_bid, q_ask

Hi.

I'm trying to construct a mid-market price (series) for use in radar screen.
The idea being that, for thinly traded stocks which have sparse 1-minute
bars, a history of mid-prices is more complete and representative than a
history of last-trade prices.

The Omega easy language pdf document says that q_bid and q_ask can be used
in option station and radar screen, but "no historical values are
available".  My question is this:  Does this mean (only) that I can't access
past bids with the usual q_bid[1] type syntax, or does it mean that I can't
even assign mybid=q_bid and access past values of the variable, e.g.
mybid[1]?  If it's the latter, does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks in advance....

Alex