"Bouncing tick problem" with 2000i

Hello List,

I could use your help on a problem that I have been
having with a system that enters a position on a buy
stop or a sell stop order. The problem is when the
system triggers a buy stop order at the opening of a
bar and then hits the stop loss point on the same bar.
Tradestation "sometimes" recognises the stop loss and
other times it doesn't. So this is a big problem
because the system might show a winner when in real
time trading the trade would of been a loser. The
problem relates to how the price moved inside that
bar. I have looked into this and I found a good
explanation in the help guide under "bouncing tick"
and " Calculating orders on historical data". There is
a percentage that can be changed under "view, chart
options, strategy tab, and percentage increment for
bouncing tick". The default is set to 10% which causes
the problem. I tried fooling around with this and
increased it to 100% and I believe it solved my
problem. I went over some of the previous trades that
mistakenly showed winners before with the default 10%
setting and when I changed to 100% , the trade showed
correctly as a stop loss on that same entry bar. My
question to you guys is this: Will it hurt anything to
keep my setting to 100%? This setting seemed to help
my situation on this system , but I am just wondering
if this change will impact any other type of system
which I use? I am always afraid of changing a default
setting. Thanks for your help.

Sincerely,

Todd