RE: O-Fund from 15 Feb to 28 Feb

>Let's consider the X-Fund-Y1 composed of grains: By smart utilization of
>spreads the designer was able to reduce the margin to $473. Currently this
>fund is $200 in the money, which equates to a 50% return on risk
>capital....

Isn't the tick size $100? So slippage of one tick in, and one tick
out is $200.... add commish and fees and that "50% return" is a small
loser....
You are correct; I did not take it into consideration. Though the fund did close out $400 up.

>The next challenge would be to design a trading system around the X-Fund
>components that will outperform the X-Fund over its 2-week life span.

I'm curious where you would even start with the components changing
every two weeks, or why you would even try at this point with volume
so low.
I believe X-Funds are here to stay, and in time we should see more volatile funds. Fund X has ventured to include a full DJ contract this time round. As for a system, Fund Y2 utilized 2 of its prior funds components, and I utilized all 4 of my prior O-Funds components. I guess only time will tell if one can create a system to buy/sell future contracts against the fund components, which will exceed the fund's performance at expiration.
Kind regards,
Barry V

BW