Re: ?Legal Question:?? What is REAL TIME???

>From: "carrslem" <carrslem@xxxxxxx>
>To: "Thomas J. Vetter" <tjvetter@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, "john berentson"
><shavenheads@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
>CC: <taoofdow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: ?Legal Question:?? What is REAL TIME???
>Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2002 14:52:43 -0800
>
>The problem with this solution is that, as in the case with medical
>doctors,
>how does one find out which is best (consistently fastest)?
>
>As for the LEGAL definition of "real time", I suspect the phrase is like
>many used in the world of commerce - "natural", "fresh", "crabcakes"
>(actually some white fish and pink coloring), "premium grade" - pure
>marketing BS with no concrete legal definition.
>
>Carroll Slemaker

Actually, Carroll, the definition of "real time" is not trivial as it
determines whether or not exchange fees are charged.

The analogy of selecting a doctor is apt; it is based on reputation,
recommendations, and experience. Thank god for Omega List, which allows me
to ask your opinion on the best data feed. Though my first priority for a
data feed would be reliability rather than speed; accuracy is probably
second; speed, third; cost, fourth; and completeness, last. Your priorities
may be different, even trading the same financial instrument. Mine fit my
trading style.

JFB
Shaven Heads Trading
NYC