RE: Random Walk alive and well.

FYI,I gave a conference last year in Paris where I presented, live, the
following experience:

True random data have been bought and were used to generate random bar charts.
We used the Safir-X software to find a trading system that worked with these
data.
Quite easy.

The system was then tested over out of sample  random data.
It still worked, but very badly.

Then the same system was tested on intraday futures contract ( sp, dax, ftse,
cac, nasdaq 100).
All of the results were very good.

The conclusion were:
1- The market are not random ( or we would have got the same poor results than
with unseen random data)
2- It is possible to build winning trading systems even by learning from random
data.
3- Safir-X was at least able to do that.

Sincerely,

Pierre Orphelin
www.sirtrade.com
TradeStation Technologies representative in France
Safir-X neurofuzzy logic trading system builder

To subscribe to our FREE trading system newsletter:
http://www.sirtrade.com/newsletter.htm