AW: testing software- build or buy??

Hi,

why not write the logic and test it on a portfolio of stocks/futures/mutual
funs or what so ever inclusive

bet-sizing,
risk-control stops,
bad-tick filters,
adaptive parameter settings, etc.,

required to convert a good system idea into a robust "tradeable" trading
system.

I don't really like it if people just test a system on one market. But that
is my personal preference. But then of course you have to decide what
software to use for trading it - or just use the same software.

I just feel that TS user are so limited in there possibilities of testing a
system, because they always have to test one future after the other, and
except it as if that is it....

But then again I am biased, and will stay biased until TS has improved its
product.

Volker Knapp