Re: [Off topic] RAID motherboards

  • To: Michael Harris <hicap92fs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [Off topic] RAID motherboards
  • From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2002 11:58:25 -0800

> I'm not sure that's correct.  The BIOS setup for RAID is quite
> different, but I don't believe there is anything additional to buy.

Asus says it's an *option*.  However so is the sound chip, and most
vendors include that.  My vendor (mwave.com) confirmed that the
A7V266-E I ordered did NOT include RAID or LAN.

If you customize a system at
http://www.systemquote.com/shopconfig.asp?configid=102 they charge
$99 for the Promise FastTrac 100 RAID controller.  I *think* you have
to add that to the A7V266-E to enable RAID.  Bob F. is probably a
better expert on that than I am, since he's actually done it...

Gary