PC Direct for Outbacks

    Have a Trader who is giving it a Go from the Outbacks
on the edge of the Artic Tundra.  If anyone can help him,
he'd be most grateful with a direct reply.  His situation and/
or problem is as follows: * * * * *
I have a problem that I need help with: I get my internet via direcpc dial
return satellite. If you know what that is AND you use Timberhill Work
Station to trade OR the connection you trade exhibits the following symptom,
please respond.

TWS loses it's secure connection periodically, like every 5 minutes or so.
The screen goes purple, IB performs the password login and resecures the
connection, and the connection is back to normal.

Naturally the 3 parties involved all deny they could possibly be the source
of the problem, and suggest someone else is to blame. I am less interested
in ascribing blame than I am interested in finding a fix so I can inform the
proper technician.

This behavior does not happen with a straight dial up connection, but that
does not absolve the isp because of the way the connection works.

If anyone is having a similar experience I would appreciate your thinking
about this.

Or if someone is a TCP/IP and HTTPS expert and can help troubleshoot this,
please do so by e-mailing me direct.  Thanks,

Michael Ferguson

WL7BDN@xxxxxxxxxxxxx