(fwd) Personal

Any idea what the attachment is about?

Mike

To: mikee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Personal
From: Kenneth Obi <kennethobi1967@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 12:07:48 -0800 (PST)

Confidential/Personal

Dear Sir.

Greetings from my country, Nigeria. And by God's grace
this is a warm embrace of a life time and mutually
beneficial relationship between us,hence my writing
you.

Dr. Kenneth Obi is my name, a renowned economist and
also Chairman ,Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation
Contract Review Panel (C.R.P) .We evaluated and vetted
approvals for payment of contracts awarded and
executed for the Petroleum Trust Fund (P.T.F).

You were introduced to me by a trusted contact  to act
fast by helping me and my colleagues as a foreign
account holder transfer the sum of US$25.5M (Twenty
Five Million,Five Hundred Thousand United State
Dollars) into your personal or company account. You
are to make the claims as the foreign contractor as
will be directed by us while ouselves here will work
for approvals to be given for the immediate transfer
of the funds to your donated account.

You must treat this letter with utmost confidentiality
and trust. We cannot afford to Toy with this rare
opportunity in a life time. To intimate you on the
source of this fund,we over invoiced the contract sum
of  US$500M to 525.5M USD with the intention of using
the $25.5M for our personal use and investment should
we decide to retire from service.

The consortium of ABB Lummus J.G.C of Japan, Julius
Berger and Fouguerolle were awarded the said contract
in Engineering and procurement work in Rivers and
Delta State of Nigeria on the 10th of January,1998
which was approved and paid in full by the Federal
Military Government.The contractors (Foreign) had
since been paid and the excess US$25.5M is in an
escrow account of the Nigerian Deposite Bank (N.D.B).
Because we are still serving and cannot own a foreign
account for now as in accordance with the law of my
country that's why we decided to contact you,and more
so, the contract was done by foreign contractors and
payments were made in United State Dollars, the more
reason we urgently need your assistance to put up
claims for the release and transfer of the funds into
your account on our behalf.

Dear brother, all modalities for the successful
transfer of this fund, all legal and administrative
requirements in Nigeria as well as that of
International Arbitration have been worked out.We hope
to conclude this transaction within ten (10) banking
days once you open communication with me   to furnish
me your willingness and by fax receive the following
information needed for easy transfer of the fund:
        (1)Your company or full names
	(2)Company  or Personal Address
	(3)Phone/Fax Numbers

 I shall bring you into complete picture of this
transaction and instruction you ought to adhere to for
the successful transfer.

 We have agreed that the funds will be shared thus
after it has been transfered into your account:
(1) 30% of the money will go to you for acting as the
beneficiary of the fund.
(2) 60% to us the Government officials ( which we wish
to invest in your country).
(3) 10% has been set aside as an abstract projection
for reimbusement to both parties for incidental
expenses that may be incured in the course of this
transaction.

Yours faithfully,
Dr Kenneth Obi