X-Fund - O-Fund Launch Update

Tomorrow morning the X-Funds officially launch at the CBOT.  The following
are the first two official X-Funds.

CBOT X-Fund 1 (Ticker Symbol X1G2)
Short March Ten Year Notes (105-28)
Long March Two Year Notes (104-22)
Short March Soybeans (430 1/4)
Long March Wheat (286-0)

**** Margin of $1485/$1100

CBOT X-Fund 2 (Ticker Symbol Y1G2)
Long March Soybeans (430 1/4)
Short March Soybean Meal (151.70)
Short March Soybean Oil (1514)
Short March Corn (206-0)

***** Margin of $473/$350

'The X-Funds will start with a balance of $100,000 and fluctuate up or down
in dollar terms versus the gains or losses of the component positions from
the closing prices of today, which are in parenthesis.

Today we pick the first of the official O-Funds to run head to head with the
X-Funds.  Tomorrow is the last day of the second practice round of O-Funds,
so there is a slight overlap that is a one time occurrence.

My randomly picked O-Funds for the official launch are as follows:

Long March Coffee
Long March Ten Year Notes
Long March Japanese Yen
Short March Cotton

Mark Brown's first official O-Fund will consist of the following:

Long March S&P
Long March Nasdaq
Long March Dow
Long March Dow

The X-Funds rules allow for the trader to pick a total of 4 positions and you
can pick the same market more than once, which Mr. Stock Market Bull Mark
Brown has done.

The other shadow O-Fund managers are Bill Wynne, Barry Viljoen and Bob
Heisler.  There is a six person I have invited, but we shall see if they post
their picks this round or not.

The results for the second round of the O-Funds have shown some very volatile
results because of the action in the stock market.  As of the close today,
Mark Brown was back in the lead for the second round.  This does not count
the first round results.  Mark's O-Fund showed a gain of $2316.25 as of the
close today.

Barry Viljoen was next, with a gain of $1025 as of today's close.  My
randomly picked component contracts were up $446.88.  And Bob Heisler's
showed a loss of  $1233.75.  Last was Bill Wynne at a loss of $3893.75.

My letter today showed Bill with a $48,750 loss.  That was a typo.  He showed
a loss of $487.50 as of the close yesterday.

I would like to remind people again that this O-Fund thing is just an
exercise for discussion purposes and these are not to be considered
recommendations to buy or sell futures contracts.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Hypothetical performance results have many inherent limitations, some of
which are described below.  No representations are being made that nay
account will or is likely to achieve profits or losses similar to those
shown.  In fact, there are frequently sharp differences between hypothetical
performance results and the actual results subsequently achieved by any
particular trading program.  One of the limitations of hypothetical
performance results is that they are generally prepared with the benefit of
hindsight.  In addition, hypothetical trading does not involve financial
risk, and no hypothetical trading record can completely account for the
impact of financial risk in actual trading.  For example, the ability to
withstand losses or to adhere a particular trading program in spite of
trading losses are material points which can adversely affect actual trading
results.  There are numerous other factors related to the markets in general
or to the implementation of any specific trading program which cannot be
fully accounted for in the preparation of hypothetical performance results
and all of which can adversely affect actual trading results.

Past results are not indication of future performance. Information provided
on this website is intended solely for informative purposed and is obtained
from sources believed to be reliable. Information is in no way guaranteed. No
guarantee of any kind is implied or possible where projections of future
conditions are attempted.

Since futures and options may not be a suitable investment for everyone, and
the risk of loss can be substantial, investors should consider their
financial condition when deciding whether to trade.