From: "Gary Fritz" <fritz@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:23:11 -0700
To: omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

> repeat after me:
> VB is not a trading platform.

Neither is any OTHER generic language.  EL itself, at least the
language part of it, isn't a trading platform either.  It's the
underlying libraries and support that make EL/TS a trading platform.

If you want to move off TS and go to some other language, NO other
language is a trading platform by itself.  You will have to write
lots of support infrastructure to replace the infrastructure provided
by TS.  I suspect you could write that infrastructure in VB at least
as easily as you could in C++ or Perl.

Gary

---- End Original Message ----