Re: EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

> I disagree about EL not being a language for trading. The syntatic
> sugar designed into EL is what allows it to be so easy in
> indicators and functions for financial purposes.

I don't agree.  I don't think "buy at BuyPrice stop;" is all THAT
much easier than "buyStop(BuyPrice);".  On the other hand,
automagical management of access to recent values of any variables,
price values, etc, is basically invisible to the syntax (other than
the [] notation) but provides critical EL functionality.

> Perl, lisp, and java would be easier than c++ or vb due to the way
> it handles memory management and recovery.

I haven't seen a LISP I would trust with realtime trading, especially
for designing a large trading platform application, but maybe LISPs
have come a long way since the last time I used them.  Hopefully they
manage garbage collection a lot more transparently than they used to.

I know it's a personal preference, but I've never felt Perl to be a
very good language for developing large applications.  The whole
language seems more concerned about minimizing the characters it
takes to implement any particular functionality, and providing
sixteen obscure ways to do any particular feature, than in helping
you to develop reliable software.  Are there any good IDE's for Perl
or are you stuck with a text editor and "perl -w" ?

Gary