Re: EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, RUSS FURSE wrote:

> I agree with you comments; however, why not use Visual Basic code?
> Most people could learn to use this as easily as EL and VB would
> enable much greater flexability and links to other software.  In
> addition, there is a lot of VB documentation, code examples and
> training manuals available.  The great programmers on this list could
> code all of the indicators and systems that come with TradeStation
> and a lot of other sample code to get beginners to VB started.  If
> not VB, some other language that is as universally accepted with tons
> of training and documentaion available worldwide.

I vote not for vb or any microsoft product. If using perl, tcl, java,
forth, lisp, c, or others you are choosing a platform independent
language and libraries. The indicators may all be written in any language
with differing degrees of difficulty. In perl or lisp creating
implicit price series data on the fly is trivial. Doing the same in
forth is difficult, and c in the middle. Choosing vb requires the system
to run, in some fashion, on a windows machine. That to me implies that
it can never run on a real, production-quality server.

Mike