Re: EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

project is FreeMarket....i think...

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, Robert Linders wrote:

> Dear List members,
> This list has several smart programmers and (just) maybe we could create a
> product similar to tradestation.
> A good graphics engine and a couple of weeks would get me a long way, an
> open source project (look at unix and such) can be succesfull !
>
> However as "trader/programmer" I would not want to move away (too much) from
> the Easylanguage statements.
> Although it could be a slightly different syntax, the base would have to be
> very similar.
>
> Would the syntax carry a copyright by Omega that would prohibid the creation
> of an EasyLanguage "clone" ?

There is a project on sourceforge.net that aims to do what you're proposing.
I think the project is 'freetrade'?

Mike

This message, including any attachments, is intended only for the use of
the individual(s) to which it is addressed and may contain information that is
privileged/confidential. Any other distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error,
please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this message
including any attachments, without reading it or making a copy. Thank you.