EasyLanguage protected by copyright ?

Dear List members,
This list has several smart programmers and (just) maybe we could create a
product similar to tradestation.
A good graphics engine and a couple of weeks would get me a long way, an
open source project (look at unix and such) can be succesfull !

However as "trader/programmer" I would not want to move away (too much) from
the Easylanguage statements.
Although it could be a slightly different syntax, the base would have to be
very similar.

Would the syntax carry a copyright by Omega that would prohibid the creation
of an EasyLanguage "clone" ?
Just some thoughts,
Robert
Robert Linders