Re: Adventures in Backup and Restoring With W2000

Wayne Mathews wrote:

> What follows relates to using the W2000 built-in backup program.
>
> Restoring backups for W2000 can only be done on (with) an existing OS.....

Wayne,

Unless I missed the point of your post, I am posting my backup routine with
Win 98 in case it might be helpful to someone.

After a recent CPU failure and an upgrade to a new CPU & motherboard,  I
took advantage of the opportunity to install 2 80 GB hard drives (cost was
$120 each) in removeable trays.  The computer can boot from either drive.

When I want to back up, I use Norton Ghost to completely clone one drive to
the other.  It takes 9 minutes to clone a drive with 11 GB of data and apps.

If a drive fails, I just slide it out and let the computer boot from the
other drive.

I hope this is useful to someone.

Mike