Re: Secirity Block Problem

Since it's an older computer, something is probably malfunctioning in the
circuit of the Parallel Port.  If it's the old type Port that is fed from
the motherboard by a ribbon cable, you could un-plug the cable from the
board and re-plug it.  Re-seating all the connectors on the motherboard and
devices (hard-drive CD-Rom, etc.) is sometimes necessary in older machines.

If the Port is on a peripheral card, you could remove the card and re-fit
it into the slot-- or you may need to put it in another Slot. (the problem
could be related to the Slot).  Doing either or both of these "fixes"
causes the connectors to re-establish a workable electrical connection.

If none of this works or is applicable, you could get a new Parallel Port
card and install it in an available Slot.  It will probably install as LPT2
so you'll need to either make that adjustment in the SSIACT program or
disable your LPT1 Port in your BIOS --