Running Workspace Assistant on ASCII files

I am attempting to use the Workspace Assistant (WA) in TS2000 to scan a
directory of ASCII price files.  The problem I'm having is with the
start dates.  It seems that even though when I initially set up a chart
I load the first date as being the first date in the ASCII file,
subsequent automatic loads by the WA only go back about a year or a year
and half from the current date.  I want to be able to run tests on data
stretching farther back than that.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!
Chris