Re: How to write a double-quote character, ", to a file

  • To: <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: How to write a double-quote character, ", to a file
  • From: "Peter B. Nelson" <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2002 22:11:24 -0800

Alas, I appreciate the sentiment, but believe me - I've tried the obvious.

I'm a professional programmer with 100,000's of lines of code under my
belt.  None of the obvious escape sequences worked.  EasyLanguage does have
a string constant called NewLine which equals "\r\n", but as far as I've
been able to tell, there is no comparable string constant for ascii decimal
34, the double-quote.

At this point I'm thinking I'll have to write a .DLL just to create a string
with a " in it.  I could call it once at the beginning of my program and set
a variable to it.  If anyone has ever solved this problem, I'm dieing to
hear how.  By the sounds of it, I'm not the only one.

-Peter