EL&DLL functions returning arrays?

Has anyone had any success making EL functions to return arrays?  I believe
this is impossible even with DLL's?  I guess with DLL's, a workaround would
be storing the array and then having a function feed the elements back to TS
one-by-one?  Any success stories manipulating arrays in EL?

I am interested in some elementary matrix operations: deleting/adding rows
and columns to a 2-D array (matrix), operations, etc.  Would be elegant to
do these things in functions rather than include the whole code in
indicators and signals.

Ivo