please critique this strategy

Colin,

I fed your position into Option-Vue with yesterday's closing prices.
According to Option-Vue, you'd pay $34,805 (stock price minus call premium).
This is the simple part. The software further indicates an initial margin of
$18,000 (gross) or $16,805 (net). My reading is that the customer would have
to put up this sum, too, but I may be wrong here. Perhaps Mr. Lothian can
help?

In any case, the equivalent naked put position only requires a margin of
$5,000 at current prices which I hope you will agree is considerably less
than the stock price even without the margin for the calls, if any.

Best wishes,

Michael Suesserott