DDE Test...

Would somebody run this test and report the results.  Are you able to get
historical data out of TS running an NT opertating system?

1. Run the TS4 sever in either offline mode or online (I used offline)
2. Run 32-bit version of Excel (XP, 2K or 98)
4. Decide how much intraday (or EOD, I used intra) to pull.
5. You should not need to highlight the exact number of cells to insert
because Excel fills in what is highlighted and truncates the rest.
6. Type in a DDE string in Excel I used:
OMEGA_SERVER|LIVECHART!'ORCL,03/10/01,4,3,10' but you can use any market you
have data for but the DDE call has to be LiveChart.
7. I expected to see data returned instead I got #NAME? in Excel. Normally
this means that excel doesn't recognize something in the string.  But then I
did this:
8. Change the market name to something the server should recognize and has
data for (ie ORCL) to something it shouldn't like ORCLuhukol.  The server
will report an error saying that it doesn't recognize the market.

This means that the server is seeing the DDE command and interpreting it but
that Excel isn't getting the data back for some reason.

Thx.