Hardware tip - Staples office store honors pricewatch prices . . .

Thanks to all who have given me a truckload of good
ideas to solve my global server crash problem.

For trading hardware - If you are in need of hardware
FAST (maybe a hard drive or CD-ROM/CDR, etc.) you
don't have time to wait for shipping . . .

I ran into this guy in Staples Office store and he
told this story how he noticed their price matching
guarantee (no web auction sites allowed) - it says
they will match, but you have to pay the shipping
charges of the competitor plus sales tax.  He told
them pricewatch is NOT an auction site so it should
qualify - they said - no problem, just bring us the
printed sheet from a search of pricewatch.com.

So, the trick is to investigate carefully what Staples
has in stock and write down all model no's,
descriptions, etc.   Use these to type into a
pricewatch search. Bring the printed sheets matching
the same item description up to Staples and do the
deal. I just got a new 64 MB Nvidia video card at
about 1/2 price of retail.

Plus, I can exchange it in minutes if there is a
problem with it . . .

This guy says he has been doing it for months. He even
shamelessly admits he carefully razors out the high
shipping price and glue sticks in a $5 price very
straight, then photocopies on light setting so it does
not show "tan lines". They take it every time . . .

I guess it's his way of taking a bite out of greed
ridden corporate America . . .

Shadow