tick data question

Hi.

I have observed that the tick data I collect, be it intraday or in the
evening from HistoryBank, overwrites whatever info may already be in
GlobalServer for lower compression data.

For example, if I create my own daily data using a 4pm snapshot with
HistoryCenter and then bring in tickdata later on that night from
HistoryBank then the daily bar that I created with HistoryCenter seems to be
overwritten by a bar created from the tick data.

Is this true and is there a way to avoid it?  (One simple but inconvenient
approach would be to bring in the tick data before the daily data, I guess)

Alex