Re: round lots

Aaron wrote:
>Is there any disadvantage in trading odd numbers of shares?  Years ago you
>got a worse price for an odd lot that wasn't a multiple of 100 shares.  Is
>that still true?

Not that I can tell.  A year ago I fearfully tried a dozen or
so odd-lot trades.  Each time, the quality of my fills wasn't
discernible from using round lots.  The fills came just as fast, and
the fill price for long market orders was at official bid price or
better.

Now, these were odd lots less than 100 shares.  I'd guess if you
tried a lot size of 347 shares, you might get two separate fills,
one for 300 and one for 47 shares.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com