Re: Hurray! Tax time. Oh boy. I love those guys.

> Has anyone used Robert Green?

I ordered one of his packages 2 years ago and was underwhelmed.  I
didn't really end up using any of it.  It's been long enough ago that
I don't remember the details, but I seem to remember the organization
was confusing and it was hard to get a firm answer from it.  Which
may reflect the incomprehensible density of the tax code, or it may
mean that he was using those packages as a come-on for his personal
consulting services -- I don't know.

He might be much better in person than in his packages.  I never
spoke with him so I can't say.

There is also Ted Tesser.  A lot of people seem very happy with him.
However one person I spoke to (someone who should know but didn't
want to say anything publicly) implied that serious professional
traders considered Tesser's advice to be questionable, and in fact
they felt that Tesser's techniques were studied by IRS agents as red
flags for audit.  That's second-hand opinion so take it for what it's
worth.

I've actually been filing as a MTM trader for several years, but
frankly I don't see much benefit from it.  It seems that the major
benefit comes from the ability to write off more than $3000 in losses
instead of carrying them forward.  I don't *do* losing years :-) so
that's no benefit for me.  You can also write off trading expenses,
but I already do that because my trading happens as a business under
a corporate umbrella.  (Or something like that.  I just do what the
CPA tells me!!)

Gary