Re: SWINGER-2EOD

>There is a Swing Trading System SWINGER-2EOD for sale based on EOD data
>that I am very interested in. It costs $350us and their figures look
>very good. http://www.spb.addr.com/

In my opinion, that web site is a model for anybody who wants to
be a system seller.  More information than hype, signals offered
in real-time, all performance information disclosed in meticulous
detail, and the trading system mechanics are fully disclosed also.
The price he's asking is reasonable for something that performs as
indicated on the site.  It's not a terribly accurate system (37%
wins or so) but it has a good positive expectation per trade.

I've had e-mail conversations with Vladimir (the author of the
system).  His answers are sometimes vague, but I did learn a few
things about Swinger2-EOD:

* It uses EOD data for the S&P cash index to generate signals.  The
system doesn't work if you use futures data to generate signals.
Vladimir says he uses the cash index because he doesn't like to
bother with contract rollover issues.  He doesn't know if it can be
made to work with futures price data, but doesn't see why not.

* Executions in the e-mini futures are conditional on the *cash*
index; i.e. "buy 1 SE contract MOC if the cash index closes above
price X."  This is not the type of conditional order you can place
with discount brokers.  TS can generate these signals, though.  A
full service broker could do it.

* The Swinger-intraday and Swinger2-EOD systems use the same
underlying rules but with different parameters.  Vladimir told me
there's no reason why one couldn't develop a "Swinger3-Weekly"
system to pinpoint longer-term swings.

* The system parameters are re-optimized every month, to reflect the
fact that markets are dynamic and parameters that work today may not
work next year.  I vaguely recall that optimizations don't use the
months immediately prior to today, only the months prior to them, to
ensure out-of-sample robustness for current-day trades.

I've considered buying it myself but I want to exhaust all my other
ideas first.

>I was wondering if anyone here has heard of these people or their system
>and are prepared to give an evaluation. Also I am open to suggestion, so
>if anyone has a good trading system that does around 8 trades a month.

Me too.  That's what attracted me to Swinger-2 EOD.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com