Re: Off Topic: Recovering Data from HD

>Offtopic.... Avert yer eyes !
>
>Does anyone have experience (successful or othewise) recovering data
>from a laptop HD that crashed? The HD is a Hitachi from an IBM Think
>Pad.

I assume the drive won't work at all in the laptop.

I've done this with a regular hard drive (not a laptop hard drive).
I install it as a second drive (slave) in my computer, and then run
a diagnostic repair utility on it such as Norton Disk Doctor.

You could probably do the same thing with a laptop HD if you had an
appropriate adapter.

Another option is to create a bootable floppy disk with a disk repair
utility on it, and see if you can boot up on that disk and use it to
repair the resident broken HD.

--
//  \
//___)    Unicorn Research Corporation -- http://unicorn.us.com