Re: OddBall traders - Check this out

>I don't know about you but I don't fly
>my plane or drive my car on data that's only 84%
>relevant - I want to be as near 100% as possible.

The fact that breadth comes from a broader and different
base than the index does not necessarily make it irrelevant.
Try running the Oddball on the NDX with NASDAQ ADVQ and
then with NYSE's ADV. You might guess the NYSE breadth is
less relevant to the NDX than the NASDAQ's, and in some
cases it may be, but...look for yourself.

>Unfortunately there is not a intra day index symbol
>from DTN or any data provider I know of for ADV issues
>of S&P 500 stocks as well and advance decline line for
>same.

Good luck! I managed to get a few dozen list members to
lobby DTN (circa 1998-99?) about including ADV /DECL data
(which they were already getting) in their feed. I even
got calls from DTN's top tech. It took several years for
them to break out the A/D data. In this case DTN will have
to create the index themselves. Don't hold your breadth.

>This issue needs some serious researching.

Agreed,

BW