Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Vortex Indicator

  • Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 13:00:44 -0000
  • From: pumrysh <no_reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Vortex Indicator

Bob,

You are a man after my own heart!

The Traders Tips section is like another article by itself.
I admit that due to the holidays that I haven't had the time to really do any in depth investigating but a quick look this a.m. led to some rather varying thoughts.

Wealth-Lab used the VI along with an ATR Trailing Stop in their system.

AIQ's Richard Denning has me wondering how he compares an Indicator to an Index.

TradersStudio used a crossover system.

StrataSearch stated that as part of a system the VI yielded a >35% annual return with >65% profitable trades.

Wave59 used the VI in weekly system.

Track 'N Trade Pro gives the formula for an ADX.

Based on all of this I would say that some in depth study is in order.

Thanks for pointing this out!

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Bob Waits <bobwaits2@xxx> wrote:

> Thanks Preston. I got the magazine today. Both MS and AB's formula draw the indicator. But Tradestation and Nuroshell has code for a proper system. Have you had a chance to review the article and see if we can test the validity of this indicator.
>

> Thanks.

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: