Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Lengthy Download

  • Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 09:43:41 -0800
  • From: "Charles Brockman" <cmbrockman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Lengthy Download

rickbw wrote:
> My internet connection is DSL and everything seems to run pretty fast
> in comparison...
> I will try a defrag to see if it helps.

Rick -

As superfragalist points out, "The collection report has to append the data
onto each file and then save the file so you've got 12,000 file overwrites
alone."

There are a few hardware settings to check. Verify that direct memory access
(DMA) is enabled.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Turn-Direct-Memory-Access-DMA-on-or-off
It's also important to have the hard disk write cache enabled.

For more techniques see
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Get-maximum-performance-from-Windows-Vista-from-Windows-Vista-Inside-Out

I push my system by 20 percent with overclocking.

--
Chuck

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional