Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS 11 Pro with ZIGZAG in indicators

  • Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 01:37:44 +0500
  • From: Doji <dojistarbullish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS 11 Pro with ZIGZAG in indicators

All the adaptive indicators in MS11 use the ZIG function. Zig is
forward-look and backtested results using it are not valid for trading
purpose.
Simple.

pumrysh wrote:

> Bryan,
>
> Discussions about the dynamic nature of the zig-zag and their cousin
> peak and trough indicators have gone on in this and other forums for
> years. Most people decided to drop their use at that point in favor of
> indicators that were valid and could be used in real life trading.
>
> Any indicator or system developed using these dynamic indicators
> should be openly identified so that you can make an informed decision
> about your technical analysis tools.
>
> Spyros Raftopoulos did produce a set of indicators that were somewhat
> usable back in 2002 but even his work required validation which he
> openly admitted. A great deal of that work was conducted on the "old"
> Yahoo MetastockUsers group and there were a number of experts who
> weighed in on the problem at the time. As I remember Jose(no longer a
> member here) was only one of them. Others were Roy Larsen and Henry
> Kaczmarczyk. Spyros went on to publish his work in TASC. You can find
> some files about this in our files section.
>
> As for Thomas' statement that MS11 indicators use the zig indicator, I
> cannot verify this. Joo Seng did point out earlier that All
> "MS11-Adaptive xxx" indicators use the Cycle method and are based on
> the zig zag. It should be a simple task to verify this yourself unless
> the indicators are password protected. I would also think that Equis
> would be upfront about the disclosure if it were the case.
>
> Realize also that Thomas did mention his use of "adaptive" indicators
> and as Super has pointed out the question is what are these indicators
> adaptive to.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Preston
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:equismetastock%40yahoogroups.com>, "mr. bryan mccormick"
> <deepfoobar@xxx> wrote:
> >
> > Wow. Well if this is true, I am not sure what use they could be. A
> zig-zag is a backward looking indicator. As many people have written
> in the past, not the least of them Jose Silva, systems based on
> zig-zag will give nonsense results because of this backwards look. I
> am not sure if Jose is still active. Perhaps I have this wrong. He
> would be the correct person to comment.

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4632 (20091124) __________

http://www.eset.com

<*> Your email settings: