[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Explorer producing same results each day

Charles,

Let me add one more tidbit to the soup.

Since you are using an exponential moving average make sure that you are using more than minimal loaded records in the exploration. Slows down the process but should give reliable results.

One final suggestion is to make an indicator out of the formula and overlay it on your chart. Thern compare the results.

Hope this helps,

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rsb_44" <rsb_44@xxx> wrote:

> Run your code against the same universe as of a date where you believe it worked. If you get a different result setnow than then, something has changed in your code, or how it is run by MS.
>
> (Sorry for the 3 tries)
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@> wrote:
> >

> > first of all something irrelevant.
> > I think you could simplify the code since the diese and second conditions can be rewritten as
> > Cross(mov(c,10,e),mov(c,20,e)) and mov(c,5,e)>mov(c,10,e)
> >
> > Then, i'm not quite sure that you can have a 10-20 crossover without having the 5 above the 10. So you can actually stay with just the 10-20 one.
> >
> > Anyway, you can check the following:
> > Create a new exploration and in the filter section type
> > Month()=10
> > Do you receive any rejected securities?
> >
> > T--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "cherotree1" <mass54thcob@> wrote:
> > >

> > > Yes, that would certainly be helpful!
> > >
> > > This is the formula:
> > >
> > > (Cross(Mov(C,5,E),Mov( C,10,E)) AND
> > > Cross(Mov(C,10,E),Mov( C,20,E))) OR
> > > (Cross(Mov(C,10,E),Mov( C,20,E)) AND
> > > BarsSince(Cross( Mov(C,5,E) ,Mov(C,10, E)))<
> > > BarsSince(Cross( Mov(C,10, E),Mov(C,5,E))));
> > >
> > > This formula in Explorer has consistently produced results over the months but recently has been producing the same selections although the data has been updated. Any help is appreciated!
> > >
> > > Peace!
> > >
> > > Charles

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional