[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How can I interpret cross function ?

Rk,

this is not correct.
What the above thing is telling us (and you're quite right on this) is that when both conditions are met then we have 1 while before we have 0 and that's what the .5 crossover is all about. But if you read carefully, we do not have crossovers, thus what we really want to happen is simply both pdi>mdi and c>sma which does not mean that the crossovers are happening the very same day at least not necessarily. One may happen first and the buy signal waits for the other condition to turn true and then it turns on.
Perhaps a more clear way to write this, might be:

a:=pdi(14)>mdi(14) and c>mov(c,30,s);
a>ref(a,-1)

Regards,

mc

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rk" <rk1235_mb@xxx> wrote:

> Cross(c1 AND c2,0.5) means ,when both  the events i.e. c1 and c2 (value 1)
> cross 0.5, i.e. happen together............
>
> means- when pdi crosses mdi AND c crosses mov30 together on the same
>
> does not appear to be a good system, as the probability of both crossing on
> the same day is very less and one is likely to miss many good
>
> rk

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: