[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: How can I interpret cross function ?

Carlos,

This is from the help files.

SYNTAX	cross( DATA ARRAY 1, DATA ARRAY 2 )

FUNCTION	Plots a "+1" on the day that DATA ARRAY 1 crosses above DATA ARRAY 2.  Otherwise, "0" is plotted.

If you want to know when DATA ARRAY 1 crosses below DATA ARRAY 2, use the formula "cross( DATA ARRAY 2, DATA ARRAY 1)"

EXAMPLE	cross( close, mov(close,9,e) )

In your example the c1 variable would yield a value of 1 when the PDI(14)was greater than >MDI(14). The c2 variable would yield a value of 1 when the close is greater than its 30 day simple moving average.

Sorry but I do not follow the Cross argument.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "carlosarturosierra" <carlosarturosierra@xxx> wrote:

> Hello Group,
>
> I saw the following system tester in a magazine:
>
> Buy Order
>
> c1:=PDI(14)>MDI(14);
> c2:=C>Mov(C,30,S);
> Cross(c1 AND c2,0.5)
>
> Could you please help me to interpret in a correct way the Cross function in the previous example. I do not understand the parameter 0.5 in the c2 variable.
>
> I really appreciate your help
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Carlos Sierra

<*> Your email settings: