Sent: Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:28 PM
Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: conversion

Hi Kees,

Its very simple to do it with the help of downloader.

Just do following things.

1 Create excel in the following format.
columns are separated by comma's below.

symbol, name, date, open, high, low, close, vol, o/i.

Now once ur data is ready in the above format.

click save as
and then save this file in csv format rather that excel.

once done.

2 now you need to edit the first row of this csv file.

just make it exactly like this.

3 Once done save it and close it..

4 now open downloader.

5 click tools

6 convert

7 source file ascii, browse to this csv file which you saved in 3 step.

8 destination file metastock, browse to data folder, where you wanna keep this data.

9 click options and check create new secutiry and choose daily if its daily eod data.

10 now ok

11 and ok again

12 converter will start.

13 now u can check by opening chart in metastock by browsing to destination foler.

14 Dont forget you can choose any name for u r security but symbol length should not exceed 16 characters including spaces.

In case you need any more information then do let me know.

Thanks & Regards
Navneet Singhal
www.navneetsinghal.blogspot.com
www.coolguynavneet.blogspot.com

--- In equismetastock@yahoogroups.com, "Kees Takkenberg" <c.a.takkenberg@...> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm asking this for a friend (80 and stil busy!)
>
> He has dutch investmentsoftware (Yes there is!). Get his data from a local datavendor and exports data from that program to Metastock EOD 9.1 because he wants to make and study Point&Figure charts which he cannot make in the dutch software.
> This all goes wel.
> Now he has made a composite ticker (I think in Excel) and wants to export that composite also to MS.
> He says, he get a chart but the data is not correct! MS :askes" name and symbol!
>
> I don't do these things myself so I don't know a solution.
>
> Question:
>
> How to import and plot a "strange" ticker. Just convert it from Excel to Ms or can it be done by The Downloader?
>
> Regards,
>
> Kees Takkenberg