Re: [EquisMetaStock Group] STA Meeting

The trend strength indicator is:

>>Divide Bollinger Band Width and ADX independently by their 200 day moving averages and take an average of the two results.<<

Using ADX Raw (see Roy's msg 25164 for cut and paste) and having an abundance of parens I think the code is:

Bbot:=BBandBot(C,20,S,2);
Btop:=BBandTop(C,20,S,2);
Bsprd:=Btop-Bbot;
Bavg:=Mov(Bsprd,200,S);
ADXavg:=Mov(Fml("ADX Raw"),200,S);

TSI:=((Bsprd/Bavg)+(Fml("ADX Raw")/ADXavg))/2;
TSI;

You may want to add .5, 1 1.5 as horizontal lines since these seem to be points of interest. See slide 24

It appears that like ADX the indicator is for trend STRENGTH not direction.

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> Lionel,
>
> A very good friend passed me a copy.
>
> I have uploaded it into the files section for you.
>
> Its under STA Meeting May 2009.
>
> Preston
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Lionel Issen" <lissen@> wrote:
> >
> > I went to this address. I could not find any download options, there was an
> > upload option.
> >

> > Can you give me a few more instructions to download this file?
> >

> > Thanks,
> >

> > Lionel

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional