[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 10 day new high...

I think I have this right:

A1:=HHV(H,10) > Ref(HHV(H,9),-1);
A3:= Ref(HHV(H,9),-1)< H;
A5:=H>Ref(HHV(H,9),-1);
A6:=(A3=A5);

A3;A5;A6;
A6 is always true. A3 and A5 are logical equivalents.
A:=2
B:=1
A>B {A is greater than B 2>1}

is identical to

B<A {B is less than A  1<2}

A1 Reduces to A5.

The only difference between A1 and A5 is the use of the current bar.

For the highest value in 10 days including today HHV(H,10)
to be greater than the highest value in the last 9 days (as of yesterday) Ref(HHV(H,9),-1) to be true,

today's high H must be greater than the prior 9 highs
Ref(HHV(H,9),-1).

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gpham01" <gpham01@xxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> Fisrt, I would like to thank everyone that has helped me with this code.
> I think you all have answered my question. I will take the code in Prestons post and do some testing. I will report back my test results.
>
> Thanks
>
> gpham01
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > All,
> >
> > Had a chance to plot some indicators on a chart.
> >
> > Here is what I used
> >
> > {Test HHV}
> > A1:=HHV(H,10) > Ref(HHV(H,9),-1);
> > A2:=HHV(H,10) > Ref(HHV(H,10),-1);
> > A3:= Ref(HHV(H,9),-1)< H;
> > A4:= H = HHV(H,10);
> > A1; A2*2; A3*3; A4*4;
> >
> > All four can signal on the same day at times. A2 and A4 give incorrect signals though.
> >
> > As MC pointed out h>hhv(h,10) will always be false or never give a signal. The reason is due to the fact that the high of the day is used in the calculation for the HHV. This becomes obvious when you look at A1 and A3 above.
> >
> > I hope this answers the question that gpham01 had.
> >
> > Thanks everyone for your input.
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > MC,
> > >
> > > Appreciate the input. I'm still having problems getting around the use of the ref() statement. I quess I'll have to plot it out on a chart...maybe this p.m.  At least we're headed in the right direction now...or maybe not.
> > >
> > > Just had a thought of turning around the comparison and using something more like HHV(H,9) < H
> > >
> > > Preston

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: