[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: 10 day new high...

MC,

Appreciate the input. I'm still having problems getting around the use of the ref() statement. I quess I'll have to plot it out on a chart...maybe this p.m.  At least we're headed in the right direction now...or maybe not.

Just had a thought of turning around the comparison and using something more like HHV(H,9) < H

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "p_panther_73" <mchantzi@xxx> wrote:

> h>hhv(h,10) will always be false.
>
> h>ref(hhv(h,9),-1) is correct.
>
> h=hhv(h,10) isn't, since we can easily have a repeated high.
>

> Regards,
>
> mc
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > So far we have
> >
> > H = HHV(H,10)
> >
> > and
> >
> > H>Ref(HHV(H,9),-1)
> >
> > Since we are looking for a "new high" would we really want our high to be egual to the highest high of the last 10 days?
> >
> > Shouldn't we look for a high that is higher than the highest high of the last 10 days?
> >
> > If we use a ref(HHV(H,9),-1) would we be comparing our values to the latest set of high values or the set that was just prior?
> >

> > Therefore I believe that using H > HHV(H,10) will give us the value we are looking for.
> >
> > Anyone else agree?
> >

> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gpham01" <gpham01@> wrote:
> > >

> > > I am trying to write a exploration that will search for stocks at a 10 day new high. I'm not haveing much luck, Does anyone have any code that would point me in the right direction?
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > >
> > > gpham01

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional