From: Pete Lieber <plieber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: EquisMetastock <equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, 22 May 2009 8:53:21
Subject: RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] Fisher Yur4ik formula [1 Attachment]

Attached is a daily chart of the QQQQ upon which is an 8-period Fisher indicator (in RED) and an 8-period RSI (in BLUE).   Both indicators have their advantages.  Typically the RSI gives a buy when it crosses above 30 and a sell when it crosses below 70.  The Fisher indicator signals come from crossing above or below zero or a trigger (Periods * Roc(Fml("Fisher Yur4ik"), 1, %), where periods equals the period number in he Fisher indicator.

As you can see the Fisher indicator is smoother and therefore less likely to jump back and forth (i.e., whipsaw) over a buy/sell point.  On the other hand te RSI because it has more exteme buy/sell points than Fisher (70/30 vs 0) it generally gives a signal quicker.