RE: [EquisMetaStock Group] PREV & Japanese Yen

Hello Peter,

Thank you for posting your results.

As a matter of interest, what is the trade trigger?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Kevin

At 03:54 AM 5/22/2009 Friday, you wrote:
[Attachment(s) from Pete Lieber included below]

I just sent out an email showing the Fisher Indicator in action.  While I was in Metastock I took a screen capture of the Japanese Yen and the results of my Yen trading program.  I trade the Yen in my IRA account and because it is an IRA I'm not allowed to short so I and thus the system only take the long side.

I'm showing this chart and the summary report to follow up on a previous email which recommended testing your trading systems on the Yen and to urge you to consider trading the Yen or at least its ETF counterpart the FXY.  There is no better trading vehicle out there.

My databank history of the YEN goes back to July 1, 1977.  In testing this data against my ridiculously simple trading program, the system has made 133.13 Yen points against a buy & hold strategy of 68.75 Yen points.  It done this in only 48 trades, 28 of which were profitable.  Out of a total of 8047 trading days the system has been out of the market 5297 days.  But what sold me on using this system to trade was the Maximum Adverse Excursion of 3.6 Yen points (see attached summary sheet).