[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Hi all - Help Need .

So many advices against my thought of doubling the bet?

But none asked about whats the system. I guess every one here is a professional trader except me. My bet is that system wont give me wrong ideas it correctly catches the trend, atleast the long term trends. It fails in the whipsaws. Where in i double the bet.

But, i am just BACKTESTING. I have not yet put the money. If the logic fails ( that is double the bet size ) i will not include it.

I mean c'mmon, metastock does have a performance sheet thingy? Right?

So, please, pretty please, kindly provde me the formula on how to do the doubling logic in metastock system tester.

Thanks all..you all been great. :)

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Code 2 <Code2@xxx> wrote:

> Nope, failure is guaranteed.  That's simply a mathematical fact.
> Assume that your system guarantees a loss of no more than 10% of your
> bet size and you double your bet after each loss.  Even with an
> initial bet size of just 2% of your account, you'll be out of business
> after only six consecutive losses.  With an initial bet size of 3%,
> you'll be dead after five consecutive losses.  That doesn't even allow
> for the occasional Black Swan where the market blows through your stop
> and causes a loss of more than 10%.
>
> Even a great trading system will yield five or six consecutive losses
> every once in a while.
>
> Martingale bet sizing does not work in Las Vegas and it does not work
> in the markets.  You have to get smaller after each loss.
>

> From: thomas12ng <thomas12ng@xxx>
> To: equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Saturday, March 28, 2009, 3:21:20 AM
> Subject: [EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Hi all - Help Need .
>
> depends on your system dude!  and it depends on your personality and
> your perception about this system
>
> if your system loss 20% of 100% total trade then your method is
> perhaps will claim back all the losses
>
> but if the system keeps trigering at the down trend even the father of
> super martingale can find him self sleeping at his neighbour garage in
> the next morning :)).
>
> my suggestion is that
>
> 1.  just cut and paste your system logic into indicator builder and
> see whether the signal correct and suit your personality
>
> 2.  avoid pyramiding and see how your system goes
>
> 3.  just ask your self about your system.  was the system signal is
> purely from you or someone who only know a slight coding method and
> admit him self as a "coach or even trading guru" offer you this
> system.  I did experiencing this condition before.  when I ask him
> back whether you know what the system picks he was just smurking.  at
> that time I was so angry and knew has been deceived.  felt like I was
> going to smash his head by a base ball stick.  since then I never
> trust anyone before my eyes see it
>

> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Patrick Butler" <pat494@> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > You are just about to make one of the worst mistakes in trading imho
> > - that of doubling down !
> > You will get away with it a few times and feel pretty confident but
> > when it doesn't work out as will be the case it will eat a large
> > hole in your capital ! Accept this advice of an old trader and save
> > yourself a blown up account
> > regards
> > Pat

<*> Your email settings: