[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: MS 10.1b sluggish with complex indicators

This e-mail will serve to close this subject. I have had no more problems with data freeze using any experts after I cleaned out and deleted all the files in the Data Demand Cache folders - I had two as it turns out.

Regards,

Rvalue1
--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rvalue1" <rvalue1@xxx> wrote:

> No problems with MS freezes anymore. Time will tell but everything is working fine after I cleaned out both of my Data Demand Cache folders and pulled up the stock fresh from Quote center and stored it.. still running the 1' charts and various trading systems.
> Today was a great daytrading day. Still using my simulation IB account. Got a ways to go before I turn things on; but 10/13 winning trades and a total profit of $1,500 in my sim account today, trading 500-1000 shares each time on a $26 stock. There is hope..
>
> Rvalue1
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, superfragalist <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > You guys will have to call Equis and ask them the difference in versions 10.1b, 10.1c and 10.1d. There's different bug fixes in each one, but I don't keep a list of the changes. The changes are minor bug fixes that don't impact only a few users, so don't rush out trying to find the upgrades. They're on the Equis website
> >
> > In addition there are different versions for esignal users.
> >
> > Rvalue1, I doubt you've solved your problem. Something is corrupting your data cache files, if that's the problem, and whatever it is, it hasn't gone away. You may have to delete those files at least once a day, if not more often, to stop the problem.
> >
> > I've started testing my data cache files to see if they're causing the server connection error I'm getting. Unfortunately that only tells me what's causing the hang and not what's corrupting any data in the cache files. These problems are a pain in the butt to track down.
> >
> > As I mentioned, if you intend to trade full time, you'll need other trading software to supplement MS. You might as well start looking for some now. Often your broker/dealer will have various things. The b/d that clears my trades gives me several software packages and real time level 2 data at no cost.
> >
> > In regard to the proposed tax (if it passes, and there's a good chance it will as part of the trashing of capitalism that's sweeping the White House and Congress), it is going to be levied on all trades--forex, equities, and bonds.
> >
> > http://www.advancedtrading.com/feed/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=214503029&cid=RSSfeed_AT_All
> >
> > Obama likes this tax because he thinks it will stop speculators from driving up commodity prices. The dems don't care if it completely kills the trading business. These guys don't like capitalism or Wall Street.
> >
> > However, they're not alone. Here's some commentary from Germany. In addition John Bogle spoke in favor of the tax on cnbc. I guess he wants us all to be victims of mutual fund managers.
> >
> > http://www.xe.com/news/Fri%20Feb%2027%2011:15:00%20EST%202009/272921.htm?categoryId=3&currentPage=3

> [...]

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: