[EquisMetaStock Group] Errors adjusted moving averages & zerolagoscillators

Sometimes when a formula is copied off of a text page or out of a word
doc, the syntax is a bit off.

For example in the formula window  x:=mov(c,50,s); is the not the same as

x:=mov
(c,50,s)

if the cut and paste creates these kind of line breaks, you'll get
error messages. The error messages often have a poor match to the
actual problem.

Sometimes a line can look identical such as the name of the formula,
but when it's copied something will be just a bit off and an error
message will come up saying there is no such name.

In the formula window just copy the name from one location and paste
it in everywhere else. Then it will be consistent.

It's usually a syntax problem created by the way different text
programs lay out test and punctuation.

Super

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "pjrbutler" <pat494@xxx> wrote:

> Is it just me but I get the following error message when pasting in
> Pete's Mohinder formula "This constant is being used incorrectly."
>
> thx
> Pat
>
> --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > GV,
> >
> > Today you have learned the formula to the RMO/Rainbow and that
> > programmers never lay all there cards on the table.
> >
> > I'd say you've learned quite a bit.
> >
> > I actually like the recursive moving average and would love to see
> > shorter / easier version of it.
> >
> > Preston
> >

> > --- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Vasanth Mohan G Buddaan"
> > <vgbudawn@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Peter,
> > >
> > > You are very much right.
> > >
> > > How sad it has to end like it but yet a nice line of thinking to
> > smoothen the Rainbow itself and amazing at the way it
> tackles 'gaps'.
> > >
> > > Guess Wabbit did not want to spoon feed us in his post in equis
> > forum (link given in the earlier post by Preston) but wanted us to
> do
> > a bit of work - fair enough.
> > >
> > > MS gives Rainbow Oscillator itself as a built-in formula and
> hence
> > it is only
> > >
> > > Mov(  Fml( "Rainbow Oscillator") , 81 , E )
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > gv

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional