[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Steve's CMO(3) DJI Setup

Kevin, I don't trade daily (some day....), so can't comment on that
one.

Here is a thought for you. If volatility is needed, you could use a
VIX filter or find a 2x or 3x leveraged ETF which should increase
volatility to the point one may need. Many of these offerings are
newer, the SDS & SSO (SPY 2X) are a bit over 2 years old, but may
offer some investigation points and further testing.

Big

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kevin Barry <kevin_barry@xxx>

40yahoogroups.com>equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
> >Kevin <kevin_barry@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Firstly, many thanks to Steve Karnish for the Cedar Creek
webinar.
> >As
> > > always, Steve is very generous with his time and trading
systems
> >knowledge.
> > > I regularly trade the indices and FX on a short/very short
> >timeframe and so
> > > I was particularly interested in viewing this particular
webinar.

> > > I am sure that everybody was as impressed as I was with the
2008
> >equity
> > > curve of the CMO setup on the DJI as demonstrated by Steve.
> >However, I
> > > would suggest extreme caution to anybody tempted to actually
trade
> >this
> > > strategy. 2008 saw a plunging stock market accompanied by very
> >high
> > > volatility. In such a market, practically any entry strategy,
if
> > > accompanied by sound money management principles, will be
> >profitable.
> > >
> > > If the CMO strategy had been traded as described between 2002
and
> >the
> > > beginning of 2008, in a rising market with generally low
> >volatility, it
> > > would have barely broken even before commissions and slippage.
> >subtract
> > > several hundred commissions and this strategy would have
levelled
> >most
> > > trading accounts.
> > >
> > > Considering the number of inexperienced traders on this board
who
> >may be
> > > tempted to accept as read the conclusions drawn from demos
such as
> >this, I
> > > feel that it is essential to add any necessary caveats to the
> >published
> > > system test results. In this case, the caveat must be that this
> >strategy
> > > will only return these kind of results in a highly volatile
> >market, the
> > > existence of which will only become apparent in retrospect.
> > >
> > > I would suggest that search for the Holy Grail is still very
much
> >alive.
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Kevin