[EquisMetaStock Group] Fw: Inside Bars trading

Hi Preston
    I saw some of your post on inside bars etc..  Can u adv the followings?

1. How do I use the codebelow in your message ?

2. Is there some formula already established for the following strategies ;
        Reversal Bar
        Signal Day
        Snap-Back Reversal day
        Break of the last minor swing high or low
        My intention is write this to the price chart ie using the explorer

rgds

The easiest way to look for three inside days in a row, would be:
Sum(Inside(),3)=3

Our code requires that we count rally and reaction days so we
won't
be using either inside or outside days. We will also be counting
rally and reaction days with volume. There is a bit of redundancy
here but inorder to stay true to the code we will count both.

{Cole Trading System}
{Coded for Metastock}
{by Preston Umrysh at}
{The EquisMetastock Yahoo Group}

{Cole Trading Definitions}
RY:=Rally();{upday}
RX:=Reaction();{downday}
RYVol:=RallyWithVol();{up vol}
RXVol:=ReactionWithVol();{down vol}

{Cole Count Calculations}
UpDay:=Cum(RY);
DownDay:=Cum(RX);
UpVol:=Cum(RYVol);
DownVol:=Cum(RXVol);

UpDCnt:=UpDay-ValueWhen(1,RX,UpDay);
 DnDCnt:=DownDay-ValueWhen(1,RY,DownDay);
UpVCnt:=UpVol-ValueWhen(1,RXVol,UpVol);
 DnVCnt:=DownVol-ValueWhen(1,RYVol,DownVol);
{Cole Signals}
Buy:=UpDCnt >=3 AND UpVCnt >=3;
Sell:=DnDCnt >=3 AND DnVCnt >=3;
Buy; -Sell;
{end}
Lets first consider the indicator. What is it telling us? It is a
picture of both price and volume action for a period of time. Our
indicator is written to look for 3 days of action. So lets make a
change to our indicator and see if that makes any difference. Lets
change the last lines to:

{Cole Signals}
X:=Input("days to factor",1,14,3);
Buy:=UpDCnt >=X AND UpVCnt >=X;