[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: About Mr.Karnish CMO3/DIA test setup.

Kees,

Steve likes to feel very close to his indicators and often nicknames
them. The Chande Momentum Oscillator is a built-in indicator and is
sometimes called the CMO. Steve calls it CMO3 because he uses 3
lookback periods. You can call the built-in function by using
CMO(data,periods). If you should decide to write a custom formula or
use Steve's long version, once it is named you would use the formula
call like this: Fml("CMO3")

You could also use the built-in like this: CMO(C,3);

Since we know there are division errors with the long version of the
formula, I would simply use CMO(C,3); It is the same thing.

Preston

--- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Kees Takkenberg"
<c.a.takkenberg@xxx> wrote:

> Peston,
>
> Thank you for your answers Preston.
>
> So the "Sell short" was missing the Cross-function.
>
> I understand I can write whatever a name I want the indicator to be?
>
> Am I wrong in thinking that if I do not use the original indicator
formula in a setup I have to use the Fml ( "  ") function?

> Because I don' t understand that only "CMO" works .
>
> Regards,Kees.

understanding.
>   But I'm trying to do the test myself and I don't get it right!
>   >
>   > E.g. the first rule is: Buy: Cross(-opt1,CMO(C,3))
>   >
>   > In the indicatorbuilder I found this formula, wich is
>   namend "Chande Momentum Oscillator".
>   >
>   > 100*((Sum(If(C,>,Ref(C,-1),(C-Ref(C,-1)),0),14))-(Sum(If(C,<,Ref
(C,-
>   1),(Ref(C,-1)-C),0),14))) /((Sum(If(C,>,Ref(C,-1),(C-Ref(C,-
1)),0),14)
>   +(Sum(If(C,<,Ref(C,-1),(Ref(C,-1)-C),0),14))))
>   >
>   > Question:
>   >
>   > 1. Because of the 3 periods Mr.Karnish uses, should I change
the 14
>   into a 3?
>   > 2. Should I rename the "Chande Momentum Oscillator"into CMO.
>   > 3. By doing so, the way to write the first rule (see above)
will
>   than be : Cross(-opt1, Fml( "CMO")), because I am referring to an
>   indicator in the Indicatorlist?
>   > 4.Do I have to skip the (C,3)) because I already have changed a
14
>   days period into a 3 one? Or must I see the "CMO"as a complete
entity
>   and set the "(C,3)" stil behind it?
>   >
>   > When writing the third rule , Sell short: ( CMO(C,3),opt1) into
the
>   systemtester "Metastock" correct me over and over again.
>   > Is the word Cross missing here? Because Buy to cover is with
the
>   Crossfunction and I should say to sell short is triggered when
the
>   CMO crosses the above triggerline!
>   >
>   > I would also say that I very much appreciate Mr.Karnish webinar.
>   >
>   > And to you all out there: I would really appreciate your help
on
>   this.
>   >
>   > Regards,