[EquisMetaStock Group] Re: Steve's Webinar and Optimization

Seems to me, by doing it Steve's way, he accomplishes two things:

1. Avoids curve fitting by reducing the dependance on look back
periods.

2. Building a system that is more flexible and allows for
variations, while trying to capture most of the moves.  I was
impressed the way he looked at the trigger levels, and found
workable levels around 41, 42, 47, 48, etc, and decided to pick 45.
I hadn't thought of looking at it that way before. By getting rid of
some of the precision, it may actually be more robust and get you in
and out of a trade more efficiently.

A very well put together seminar, that I learned a lot from. I've
watched it twice just to make sure I caught everything.

Big

-- In equismetastock@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, pumrysh <no_reply@xxx> wrote:

> All,
>
> Steve's Webinar was certainly enjoyable. Just wanted to see what
> others thought about the way he optimized. Basically he was
optimizing
> triggers. Recently one of our member's questioned optimizing
lookback
> periods.
>
> My own view on optimization is that optimizing triggers is a
better
> way of using this feature.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Preston